Do these decor trends need a rest in 2016?

Do these decor trends need a rest in 2016? - hi..Home Design,The house is a sanctuary for all that occupies. Every spot within the house is required to service each family member. A father needs a comfortable workplace, a mother also needs an efficient kitchen and a pleasant children's room.With these considerations we give an idea of Do these decor trends need a rest in 2016?The proper selection of the house is the key to determining how well the inhabitants reside in their palaces. No matter how vast it is important to be at home

When does a trend become overused and tired?

Sometimes certain trends are grabbed by many homeowners,  and before you know it they are everywhere and you may begin to feel like you have reached your viewing saturation point.  I get this feeling a lot on Pinterest. It might be a pattern, a wall treatment or specific fabrics.  I find myself thinking... please no more.

Does it really matter to the average homeowner?

Only you can answer that question. I'm not censoring  what a homeowner chooses to use to decorate a home. Rather I am  just commenting that certain  design decisions seem to be very overused, and as a result  if you want to have a home that is a little unique or individual, these design decisions are probably not the way to go.

Chevrons


chevrons, bedding


I have always been a lover of geometric prints.  There was a time when I loved chevron designs, but that affair has ended!  Too bad I have to say good-bye;  perhaps in ten years we will have a reunion.

Animal prints

animal prints

I have to work hard to warm up to animal prints, but  I agree that their  organic spots and stripes are very interesting when you want to include  patterns in a room.  Maybe one or two  animal prints might be good, but more than that becomes overdone.  I like to  introduce them using small items like a  box or a pillow because they are easier to replace when you get tired of them.

Blackboard walls

blackboard wall, kitchen

Having been a teacher, I left blackboard walls behind years ago.   I think they work well in  a child's playroom or bedroom because they serve  a functional purpose, but they are dusty. Think about allergies too.  There is something messy and not quite right about them in main rooms of a  home.

Gallery/salon  walls

gallery wall photos

I love  smaller gallery walls that are very organized.  Too many items and you end up looking at the organization (or lack thereof)  and not the individual  pieces of art.

Baskets everywhere


bathroom shelving, baskets

I have  baskets in my home here and there because they are functional, but I am always careful  not to overdo it.  I don't want someone to walk in and think ... the house of baskets.

 Text as art

text art walls

  Yes, I like quotes, I even collect them and I love text.  Their use as art  just seems to be way overdone in the last few years.

Faux taxidermy


faux taxidermy, white deer heads, vignette

 Here's another design  motif  that when  used in the right setting  added an individual note to a space in the past, but not anymore because faux taxidermy is  everywhere and I am still trying to figure out why.  Are you a lover?

Starbursts


dining room starbursts

Another beautiful motif that has reached the boredom point from overuse.  As a lover of circles and rays I would have to think  long and hard before using a starburst in a design right now.  Too predictable!  Another element on my revisit after 5 years list.

Large horizontal stripes


black and white stripes

When this image first popped up on Pinterest I was attracted to the strong graphic nature of the stripes.   Very quickly bold, equally sized and spaced stripes were popping up everywhere especially black and white ones.  Nothing was sacred as they appeared  on walls, rugs, pillows, tables etc.

And how about you?  Do you have design elements or objects that you think need a rest?  Perhaps you love some of my "tired" choices and want to argue for their continued use.



Such is the discussion of Do these decor trends need a rest in 2016?,that I can share on this occasion, hopefully it can help you find a suitable home design.
Previous
Next Post »